Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Who am I?

Declare

Day 1 of the 15 day writing challenge!

I officially declared myself a writer on Twitter; in public. Calling myself a writer still makes me feel like a tourist. A tourist of the worst variety. You know, takes bus tours, eats in only chain restaurants, fears the locals, and fears every three seconds for their password. Yep, that's me. Wandering through the writing world with a fanny pack full of weird currency, wishing I was in the comforts of my living room. Tourist or not, I do know one thing for sure. I'm a fiction writer. Through and through. Writing about personal feelings, struggles, challenges, illnesses, family, travel experiences, giving birth, children, etc is better left to the professionals. Let me dream up a character with a name, past, present, future, desires, failures, quarks, and dysfunctions and I'm a happy camper! This is what blurb nerve is all about. Blurbs that can stand on their own. But can also be part of a bigger story. I vow to post a daily blurb. Check back daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment